Who doesn’t love fresh corn in the summer? Now add a little Mexican flavor and you’ve got super corn! I love Mexican Street Corn so much but ever since I got those dang braces as a child I’ve had a hard time eating corn directly off of the cob. So weird but it’s the truth. After the fourth time of me making this recipe and then cutting the corn off the cob I had a eureka! Why not make a corn salad just like I love it minus the cob? It would be good for summer dinner parties or BBQ’s – much easier than making a truck load of individual corns – and it’s a nice change from the average potato salad (no offense tatties, I will always love you)
So I shucked a few corns, threw in an avocado (optional), some lime and a quick creamy concoction and voila, a fresh and sumptuous summer salad.
-5 cups of fresh corn cut off the cob – even better if it’s a little charred but boiled will do (just please, not from the can)
-1 diced avocado (optional – this pumps up the creaminess but might be a bit much for some, so avoid it if you’re a purest)
-1/2 a cup of Parmesan (freshly grated)
-1/4 cup of low fat mayo
-1 lime, juiced
-1/2 teaspoon of chili pepper or 1/4 tsp of cayenne if you like it HOT!-plus a few shakes on top to make it pretty.
-salt and pepper to taste
– mix the mayo, lime juice and cayenne in a small bowl
– in a large bowl (preferably the one you will serve it in – save on dishes) mix the corn, avocado and parm together
– scrape the mayo mixture into the corn and combine gently
– season to taste with salt and pepper
– dash the top with a little more cayenne (pretty factor)