The book is a fun and fresh look at fashion and personal style with great tips like: Five Items Forever Forbidden to Enter Storage and how to know what to wear everywhere.
Check out our convo below.
1. Why did you decide to write a book on style?
I have been obsessed with fashion since I was a little girl. I started modelling when I was a teenager and soon after started designing. Since I’ve been emmersed in it forever and have had the privillege of meeting a ton of influential people in the fashion world and have learned a lot and have seen a lot I thought it would be a great idea to put it all into a book and share my journey.
2. You have a ton of great tips in this book but what I’m really interested in is your tips on how to pack – because I’m useless. Can you share even just a few with us?
Plan your outfits. Do not throw your entire closet in your suitcase. If you have too many options you’re just going to be overwhelmed. So I like to literally plan my outfits by hanging them together. From top to bottom – shoes, bag, accessory – so I can visualize. Another tip would be to pack neutrals. They’re easy to mix and match and can be worn more than once.
3. I know we’re talking style but we love us some makeup so what’s your favorite beauty product?
4. What is the most important thing to have in your wardrobe?
A great black blazer.
5. How would you describe your personal style?
Sophisticated with an edge.
6. And finally, with the season quickly changing, what’s you’re favorite trend for Fall?
Good question! I love all of the animal embroidery that I’m seeing. Valentino on the runway had all of these amazing butterfly embroidered capes that I loved… I just love the animal motifs that I’ve been seeing around. I love animals. Clearly.
Thanks Nicky! It was a pleasure meeting you!
Check out her book 365 Style for tips, tricks and behind-the-scenes access into Nicky Hilton’s fashion world. Totally fun read!