Beauty really does radiate from the inside out– but I don’t mean how being a loving and kind person (always!) makes you beautiful – that’s a given and something I believe we should all strive at being. What I’m referring to is something you can do daily to have glowing skin, reduced puffiness, increased metabolism, energy and more. And guess what? It’s FREE –how amazing!
The best way to look and feel beautiful everyday? Drink plenty of water – it really is that simple.
5 amazing reasons to drink adequate H20:
- Ever suffer from a puffy face and dark under-eye circles? This can be a result of dehydration and kidney distress. The kidneys filter toxins, salts and water from the bloodstream. Increasing your water intake helps to flush this excess from your system.
- Dry wrinkled skin? This is dehydration. Drinking more water plumps up your skin and gives it that youthful glow.
- Did you know that drinking adequate water is the best daily detox? It transports waste products out of cells, through urine and sweat and helps to prevent constipation.
- Drinking enough water everyday is great for weight loss! It increases metabolism and helps to regulate appetite.
- We’ve all heard the term “You are what you eat”. But really it is “You are what you absorb”. Water is the primary mode of transport for all nutrients in the body.
Tired? Hungry? Headaches? Try drinking water! Sometimes the body mistakes hunger for thirst. Dehydration can also lead to fatigue and headaches.
Our bodies are made up of 70% water so you can see how essential it is to get enough, and the benefits are incredible!
The average adult should aim to drink about 8, 8 ounce glasses of water per day. This is about 2 liters and should be increased with hot weather, exercise and drinking coffee or alcohol.
The best time of day to drink water? First thing in the morning on an empty stomach – room temperature is best and to have additional benefit – add the juice of half a fresh lemon (this alkalizes the body and cleanses the liver).
Room temperature water is always the best and should be had away from meals (30 minutes before or after – for optimal digestion)
Don’t like water? Try adding fresh lemon, lime, cucumber, mint or strawberries.
Holistic Nutritionist/Colon Hydrotherapist
Owner/Founder Vitalife Digestive Wellness Clinic