I first came across No Tummy Mommy on Instagram on the Explore page. At first the Explore page tripped me out but I’ve grown to not only love it, but obsess over it. Why, you ask? Because I get to discover some pretty amazing pages and people like this extraordinary mom who is a certified Nutrition and Weight-Loss Coach AND a certified Pre and Post Natal Fitness Specialist. Yep, Trisha, the brains and beauty behind No Tummy Mummy has created an amazing business that provides fitness and nutrition coaching, from one mother to another and I wouldn’t have been able to find her and share her amazing story without Instagram and it’s trusty Explore page!
But enough about Instagram, let’s get to know about this kick butt mamma!
Today’s Creating The Life is dedicated to No Tummy Mommy
- Where did you grow up and where do you live now?
I grew up in a small town called Uxbridge, but have been living downtown Toronto for over 10 years now
- Did you go to College, University or the School of Hard Knocks?I went to the University of Toronto with high hopes of becoming a dentist … and then realized that I cared only for cleaning my own teeth and no one else’s (lol). I finished with a degree in Human Biology and Physiology.
- What is No Tummy Mommy and how did it start?The idea of No Tummy Mommy began while I was on mat leave and I was helping some mommy friends back into their pre-baby jeans. I’ve always been into fitness and loved helping others, but it was a friend of mine who convinced me to make it official. That’s when I took a leap of faith, bought a domain name and set up an Instagram account. I was nervous, but I put myself out there. Today, No Tummy Mommy provides fitness and nutrition coaching from one mother to another.
- Tell us a little about your career path. How did you turn your passion into the company you have now?
Right out of University, I worked for a sports supplement company managing the marketing and branding for their women’s weight-loss products. I found it tough standing behind some of these brands that promoted popping diet pills as a quick fix to weight loss. Being a science nerd, I knew that more than half of these supplements were not research based and were not true to what they were claiming. Plus, I’m a true believer in regular exercise and healthy eating. I changed careers so fast and didn’t look back … but I just couldn’t let go of the love I had for fitness and health and that’s when No Tummy Mommy was conceived!
- What are some challenges of being a business owner in such a competitive field?
I think social media makes it very easy for us to question ourselves and the decisions we make for the business. I try to stay true to what I believed of the brand from the start and not to be influenced by what other people are doing
- What inspires you?
I’m inspired by personal growth and transformation.
- What are you most proud of?
Most people don’t know this, but I’m still working a full-time 9-5 job and managing No Tummy Mommy! I’m proud to say I’m not having as many meltdowns as I used to while juggling both gigs. Hopefully, one day soon I can hand in that 2-week resignation notice.
- What advice would you give to someone who is interested in following their dreams and taking the leap to starting a small business of their own?
I would tell anyone to just do it; I look back now and wish I had started sooner. You really can’t ever ‘fail’ because you just learn what not to do and what to do better when you try again.
- What are some of your favourite things about being a fitness professional?
I love that feeling when someone tells you that you have changed their life for the better. I’m so grateful to be a part of one’s health journey – there are no words for witnessing someone make positive changes and create healthy habits that will last them a lifetime.
- What are your hopes for the future of the No Tummy Mommy brand?
My hope is that mothers from all over the globe will trust in its name! Furthermore, I dream to have the opportunity to travel the world and meet some of these mamas who continue to support the No Tummy Mommy brand.
Thank you Trisha for this amazing interview!
P.s No Tummy Mommy also has a 30 day challenge that started a few days ago- it’s never too late to start.
Head on over to No Tummy Mommy here to find out more.