Fall is here! And what food symbolizes fall more than pumpkin?? Pumpkin has SO many more uses than just being carved for use on your front step! Include it in your diet for so many amazing and fun reasons.
- Rich in tryptophan (which helps produce serotonin), contributing to both better sleep, and better moodJ
- High in fiber, keeping you full (and regular!)
- Tons of antioxidants and vitamins, such as A, C and E, helping to boost your immune system (and great for anti-aging of course!)
- Very low in calories (100g is just 26 calories), yet loaded with vitamins and minerals.
- More potassium than bananas! Potassium deficiency can lead to fatigue and muscle weakness.
There are SO many ways to prepare pumpkin, whether it is in pie, cookies, stew, roasted seeds etc. Happy Fall!
Owner/Founder Vitalife Digestive Wellness Clinic