I hosted our staff Holiday party last week at my place and when thinking of a welcome cocktail I just couldn’t get past the idea of sangria. Though typically a summer drink we ladies at the office just love it so I had to find a way to make it with a little bit of a twist.
The easiest solution was to make it look festive by adding rosemary and cranberries, so I froze some in giant ice cubes for an initial gorgeous Christmas look. Added bonus, as the ice melts, a festive flavour from the rosemary starts to present itself. To make it even more seasonal I subbed the wine for prosecco and white grape juice instead of the traditional juice selections. Finally I went full winter by adding a couple shakes of cinnamon.
Here’s how to whip it up yourself – super easy and will make you look like a fancy pro.
- A few sprigs of rosemary
- a bottle of proseco
- 1 cup of white grape juice
- 1 can of soda water
- 1/2 cup of The Botanist
- sugar to rim (and to taste)
- Freeze a few cranberries and a piece of rosemary in an ice cube tray (I love these ones) if you don’t have time you can just toss them in a pitcher, frozen cranberries are the best
- Place the ice cubes in a pitcher
- add the remaining ingredients (minus sugar) and give it a swirl and a taste
- If you like it a bit sweeter add some sugar – I find it quite sweet but I don’t have a sweet tooth..
- rim your glass with some lemon and then dip it in sugar