Green smoothies don’t have to be gross. Swear. I love a good smoothie because let’s be honest, I don’t always get all of my greens in. Many greens have little to no flavour; jamming a bunch into an otherwise delicious smoothie just boosts your green intake which makes your body super happy.
A couple of tips:
- fruit like pineapple, banana or mango bring in natural sweetness that you don’t have to feel bad about adding
- frozen fruit is a great way to make a cold smoothie without diluting it with ice, plus the consistency is magic
- adding some protein powder is always a good idea. I’m sensitive to whey so I like this one
If greens terrify you, try this recipe. Close your eyes and take a sip, we all know you’re hesitant strictly because of the colour. I promise you’ll be surprised.
Yummy Green Smoothie:
- 1 cup of ice (if fruits aren’t frozen)
- 2 cups of kale
- 1 cup of mango
- 1/2 a frozen banana
- 1-1.5 cups of coconut milk (or water)
- a dash of cinnamon
- if using ice, blend it first
- add all remaining ingredients and blend it up
- pour in a pretty glass (everything tastes better in pretty glasses) and enjoy!
Happy National Green Juice Day!
Go get your greens.