Thanksgiving is but a week away. Yep, that’s right folks, THANKSGIVING! My parents are out of town this year and since they usually host, I completely forgot about it. Because they’re gone I suppose I have to put my big girl pants on and plan Thanksgiving for myself.
With that being said, I love a good dinner party and I kind of got a bit excited at the idea of putting my own twist on one of my favourite holidays. You know, the one that only involves being thankful, eating delicious food, hanging with family and no stress or pressure of buying gifts. Yep, that’s a good holiday.
I’ve been kicking around on the inter webs looking for different recipes that might be fun to incorporate and I stumbled upon this recipe for sweet potatoes done a little differently on Epicurious. Sweet potatoes are great, but sweet roasted potatoes with smokey speck and dotted with homemade chimichurri, now that sounds interesting.
This recipe is super easy, looks pretty when plated, and is a great twist on a Thanksgiving staple – plus gluten free! #winning
- 4 small sweet potatoes, unpeeled, cut lengthwise into wedges
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves with tender stems
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces thinly sliced Speck or prosciutto, torn
See Epicurious for the full how-to! And poke around there for more fun recipe ideas. I get so much inspiration from looking through their site!
Photos by Samantha Clarke