As some of you may or may not know, I started off covering events in Toronto but because I love to travel and do it as often as I can, I naturally write about my adventures and travels.
I love Toronto so much! It’s such a fun and diverse city, with events happening all the time and with new places opening up, it’s sometimes hard to keep up! Toronto has some of the most unique neighborhoods compared to many other cities I have been to and this is what makes these city adventures so much more exciting.
Adventures don’t always have to happen away from the city so this post will focus on where I have been in Toronto titled “Where Tara Goes”
Today’s post is dedicated to 5 places I have recently been to and have loved!
- Miss Thing’s 1279 Queen St. West – Who just opened their doors in Parkdale, is a Pan-Asian Tiki bar and restaurant formerly known as club Wrongbar. Why I love this place- their cocktails! They are a piece of art! They are so colourful (very Instagram worthy, hehe), very tasty and just so much fun! Their food is also very delicious and lastly the décor- (something I love and I think is so important) is beautiful. Miss Thing’s looks like a little vintage tiki hotel bar so if you’re ever in the mood for a tiki bit of fun, I recommend you check it out!
- Cocktail Bar 923 Dundas Street West – If you’re looking for a fun intimate little cocktail bar, this is a place you should check. It has a laid back vibe inside and a cute little patio. I’d say it would probably be a great place for a date but after going with some girlfriends one Saturday afternoon, I realized it was perfect for any outing.
- Delysees 780 King Street West – A modern take on an authentic French bakery this place is beautiful. The white space is airy (which I love) and all their offerings are displayed in a way that makes you want it all. Many know Delysees for their macaroons that I personally die for. My favourite? The birthday cake that has sprinkles on it! I love anything with sprinkles! They also have the cutest mini sandwiches, which are great if you want to try more than one, or pack a few for a picnic. This bakery has a lot to offer and is a great spot to visit with girlfriends for lunch or coffee or both!
- Patois 794 Dundas St West – If you’re looking for somewhere fun to go with a group of friends I highly suggest this place! It’s a fun place with a chill vibe. They have blowup pool toys hanging from the ceiling, (that immediately won me over), their food is different and delicious with offerings created by chef and owner Craig Wong who’s Chinese-Jamaican heritage comes through in his food. I liked it all! Also, if you like fun drinks like me you can get their rum and coconut water drink that is served in a coconut!
- Yang’s Flower Market 132 Avenue Road – If any of you follow me on Instagram @Tara.Adele.Leydon you’ll know that I love fresh flowers! Yang’s is just the best; you can get a dozen long steam roses for $15 or sometimes less. There are other flower shops beside Yang’s but Yang’s is my fave. They always have fresh, beautiful flowers and you’ll find everything you want and more.
If you have any suggestions on where I should go next let me know in a comment!
Thanks for reading!