Ok, so last week it was all about NTC – hope you all got your workouts in! (Don’t forget to friend me, @cocobesmart :) This week we’re trying something new! It’s hard to get workouts in, but it’s even harder to get them in when you’re bored or worse, have hit a plateau. When I get that feeling I know it’s time to switch it up. I’m always up to try something new and it’s amazing how good your body can feel and look when you throw in a switch up.
With that being said, since I am into trying new things, I’ve got the deets on quite a few awesome studios in the city that are perfect for those of you looking to shake it up.
This week’s challenge – try a workout you’ve never tried! Bonus – a lot of studios offer free or discounted rates on your first try.
Here’s a list of a few I love (and 1 I can’t wait to try):
1. Studio Lagree - For sure one of the hardest workouts I’ve ever done, yet the one that equally makes my body feel the best it’s ever felt. We liken Lagree to pilates on crack but man does it do a body good.
2. Studio KO – Located in the same facility as Lagree, KO is the craziest kick butt boxing class you’ll do. The founder, DJ, has coached and trained some of the best competitive boxers and from that, created an incredibly intense workout that is the perfect amp up to a lagging workout routine.
3. Barre Works - ballerina I am not (oh, how I wish) but this workout will show you how hard those ballerina’s and ballerino’s work for their bodies. First class $10 or 2 weeks unlimited for $40.
4. Big Hit – High intensity kickboxing at its best. I once went here on a particularly stressful day and couldn’t have been happier kicking and punching the heck out of BOB.
5. Hourglass – I can totally vouch for this insanely amazing workout. I did the 3 Month Challenge before my wedding and though it wasn’t easy, I got the results I wanted and then some! Founder Lyzabeth Lopez is a health and fitness superstar who knows all about whipping your body into that sexy hourglass shape.