I don’t remember when I first met Patricia, but I remember her infectious smile and positive energy that could light up a room. We had more than a few people in common and both being Haitian, in Toronto with similar interests (good food, good people, fashion and Paris) I believe we were destined to meet!
I’ve always loved how Patricia always looks effortlessly chic; I remember she once told me that investing in classic pieces can take you a long way in your wardrobe and I agree.
Occupation: Public Relations
Current city: Toronto
Where did you grown up?
Haiti until the age of 15 then, I moved to Montreal to go to school.
How would you describe your style?
I’d say my style is classic with an edge; I don’t really like trendy clothes but a few pieces here and there can be fun.
What are your go-to brands and why?
- · Jill Sander – the clothes are classic, timeless and it fits great
- · The Row – Love the fit and simplicity of their clothes, still, their pieces are timeless but still very fashionable
- · Isabel Marant– I really love her fun looks
- · Phillip Lim – Easy wear, fun; from casual to dressy also lots of classic pieces with a twist
- · Helmut Lang great basics with an edge and good fit
- · DVF for her colorful dresses and Tops
- · Zanotti for flat shoes most comfortable and stylish details
- · Louboutin wins my heart for SKY HIGH sexy heels
- · Charlotte Olympia heels are unique and fun to wear
- · Chanel for a classic Purse
- · Hermes for colorful silk scarf
Your favourite wardrobe piece and why?
My shoes, by far! Whatever you wear, no matter how great it looks, I believe your shoes will complete your outfit. I usually pick my shoes first than I decide what to wear. My new Charlotte Olympia shoes are currently my favourites.
The beauty products you can’t live without?
I have very dry skin and Darphin’s Fibrogene cream works amazing for me. I’ve been using it for the past 15 years and I swear by it. I also use eye cream by Cle de Peau at night. Finally, the only perfume I use is Angel. I’ve been wearing it since it came out over 20 years ago.
A beauty secret your mom taught you?
I was told to always hydrate my skin well and protect it from the sun. I use 30 SPF from Clarins for my face and eyes as well.
Your Spring / Summer 2012 must haves:
I’m really into adding lots of colours this season; adding some fun colours to my basics. I’ll probably add some yellow to my outfits whether it be yellow sandals, top or jeans for example.
I also love the print pants that Dries Van Noten has designed for the Spring / Summer season.
I like to wear a lot of white during the summer, whether it is a summer dress, crop pants, jeans or shirt.
And finally, the Celine Phantom bag in Cobalt Blue is amazing, definitely a must have this season.