I’m having the girls over on Monday and when thinking of the perfect girly/beautiful cocktail that could be mostly prepared in advance Sparkling Sangria instantly came to mind.
Sangria is super easy, can be made a million different ways and usually makes everyone happy. I chose a sparkling version to switch things up and snazz it up a bit, but you can make it with regular wine and it’s just as delicious.
- 1 bottle of champagne or sparkling wine
- 1/2 cup of peach or pear vodka
- 1/3 cup of lime juice
- 1/3 cup of simple syrup
- 1 cup of diced strawberries
- 2 cups of whatever other fruit you’re into – I chose blueberries and cherries because they were on sale – hu-rah!)
- 1 can of sparkling lemonade – optional
- chop up your fruits and put them in a pitcher
- add vodka, lime juice, simple syrup, mix and let chill together until you’re just about to serve
- when you’re guests are ready for their cocktails, sugar the rim of the glass and pour the champers into the pitcher with the fruit
- spoon a little bit of the fruit into the sugar rimmed glasses and then pour the sparkling sangria on top
Have a great long weekend!