Forever on a mission to find healthy, delicious snacks for me and my mini, I was excited when I stumbled upon these apple ‘cookies’ on Pinterest. So they look kind of like donuts (yum) and are hand held like cookies (double yum) and though they are absolutely neither (no flour, butter, frying) they are sweet and have a nice texture and are pretty filling (peanut butter) plus are almost completely guilt free.
– one good sized apple
– peanut butter (or almond butter or any nut butter you desire)
– shredded coconut
– dark chocolate
– core the apple
– slice it into desired thickness (you can use a mandolin on a thicker setting if you don’t trust your free hand skills)
– spread each slice with peanut butter
– sprinkle with desired amounts of coconut, granola, cinnamon
– grate some dark chocolate on top
– get snackin!