My love of all things ‘Goop’ is clear. OBSESSED. So when I saw their post on cauliflower fried ‘rice‘ I had to try it. I made first exactly to the recipe and it’s pretty darn delicious, especially because it’s formulated to follow along with their 7 day detox rules. But, because I can’t leave anything alone in its original state and because I wasn’t on their detox, I made a few additions to make it a little more flavorful.
Now don’t be mistaken, like any lower fat/lower carb version of anything, it will never be as delicious as the original. Nothing beats real, greasy, fried rice take away. What does make this recipe super kick ass is that it’s healthy & filling while being completely guilt free. Perfect for all of you goal crushers out their who are gunning through January with your summer bodies on your minds.
So here’s how to make a lovely new side dish that will be a welcome member of your rotating healthy dinner repertoire.
– 1 small head of cauliflower – cleaned and roughly chopped into florets (minus core)
– 1 tsp of grapeseed oil (or olive if you don’t have)
– 1 tbsp of sesame oil
– 2 egg whites
– 1 whole egg
– pinch of salt
– half a small onion, diced
– 5 scallions chopped whites and greens separated
– 1 zucchini diced
– 1 large carrot chopped
– 1 tsp of ginger, chopped very finely (or grated)
– 1 clove of garlic, minced
– 1 cup of kale
– 1 tbsp of coconut aminos (totally optional but totally delicious)
– 2- 3 tbsp of tamari (depending on taste)
1. break up cauliflower and pulse in batches in a food processor in one second intervals until it resembles quinoa – if you don’t have a food processor you can grate the cauliflower with a cheese grater
2. saute onion, white bits of green onion, zucchini, and carrots in oils until soft
3. while that’s cooking whisk egg and then scramble in a separate pan
4. add garlic and ginger to the veggies and stir
5. turn up heat in pan with the veggies add 3 cups of cauliflower & kale
6. add coconut aminos and tamari and stir to combine
7. mix in scrambled egg
8. separate into bowls and garnish with the greens of the scallions (salt and pepper to taste)
5 thoughts on “How To Make: Cauliflower Fried ‘Rice’”
Looking forward to trying this recipe. Where can I buy the coconut aminos? Thanks
I got them at Whole Foods, but you can also get them on Amazon.
Hope you enjoy!
Thanks Coco! Recipe tasted AMAZING!!!
Awesome! So glad you enjoyed it Alyssa!
Comments are closed.