Ok, so last week it was all about NTC – hope you all got your workouts in! (Don’t forget to friend me, @cocobesmart 🙂 This week we’re trying something new! It’s hard to get workouts in, but it’s even harder to get them in when you’re bored or worse, have hit a plateau. When I get that feeling I know it’s time to switch it up. I’m always up to try something new and it’s amazing how good your body can feel and look when you throw in a switch up.
With that being said, since I am into trying new things, I’ve got the deets on quite a few awesome studios in the city that are perfect for those of you looking to shake it up.
This week’s challenge – try a workout you’ve never tried! Bonus – a lot of studios offer free or discounted rates on your first try.
Here’s a list of a few I love (and 1 I can’t wait to try):
1. Studio Lagree – For sure one of the hardest workouts I’ve ever done, yet the one that equally makes my body feel the best it’s ever felt. We liken Lagree to pilates on crack but man does it do a body good.
2. Studio KO – Located in the same facility as Lagree, KO is the craziest kick butt boxing class you’ll do. The founder, DJ, has coached and trained some of the best competitive boxers and from that, created an incredibly intense workout that is the perfect amp up to a lagging workout routine.
3. Barre Works – ballerina I am not (oh, how I wish) but this workout will show you how hard those ballerina’s and ballerino’s work for their bodies. First class $10 or 2 weeks unlimited for $40.
4. Big Hit – High intensity kickboxing at its best. I once went here on a particularly stressful day and couldn’t have been happier kicking and punching the heck out of BOB.
5. Hourglass – I can totally vouch for this insanely amazing workout. I did the 3 Month Challenge before my wedding and though it wasn’t easy, I got the results I wanted and then some! Founder Lyzabeth Lopez is a health and fitness superstar who knows all about whipping your body into that sexy hourglass shape.
6. Misfit Studio – I love a good remix and at Misfit they’re all about taking the best of many worlds and bring them all together. “Rooted in yoga, informed by pilates and inspired by dance, all classes leave you with a taste of magic.” Plus, Misfit is located in a beautifully renovated old church smack dab in the middle of Queen West – doesn’t get much cooler.
7. Quad – Everyone’s cardio game needs a little kick in the pants from time to time and Quad is a great spot for just that. I love Micheline’s Saturday morning spin class. It’s always packed and she’s always pumping super fun tunes, filling the class with her infectiously positive vibes.
8.Fly Aerial Yoga – So this is the class that I’m trying this week. My girlfriend swears by this aerial yoga class that I’m told engages your core like no other workout. Come fly with me!
9. Ferris 360 – This was one of my favorite workouts from our FitClub events last year. A high intensity, full body workout that doesn’t waste any time. It’s challenging but you feel super accomplished when you’re done. Plus the facility is gorge and super clean so it’s an overall great experience.
10. City Dance Corp – Another dance based workout, but again, I’m SO not a dancer – which may be one of the reasons I like it – keep those muscles guessing! I die for the ballet bootcamp at City Dance Corp because with little to no weights I’m always so shocked at how quickly my muscles begin to quiver. They have a promo for 2 weeks of unlimited classes for $50.00
Also, if you’ve tried something that you think I should try too, please don’t hesitate to let me know!