I walked out of my house Saturday morning to the most perfect summer like weather- not a cloud in the sky. I lathered on my sunscreen and headed to Queen Street. This past weekend everyone was out, especially at Trinity Bellwood’s park; this park is one of Toronto’s gems. The park is the perfect place to hang out with friends- toss around a Frisbee, play a game of soccer or just hang out and have a picnic. I mean this is what summer’s all about right? Getting out and enjoying the weather, and taking in every bit of sunshine and warmth. I don’t know about you but I feel like it’s been winter for 7 years and I am so excited for warmer days. With summer officially here I have a “bucket list” for things I want to do. After talking to the ladies at Coco & Cowe about the things we are most excited for, we’ve put together an incredible list of 20 things to do with your girlfriends this summer.
- Le Dolci Foodie Studio
(Rated #1 out of 13 workshop classes in Toronto) Learn to make macaroons, decorate cupcakes or even learn to make croissant and Danish’s with a few friends. Everything about this is sweet!
- Edge Walk at the CN Tower
This is a fun and thrill seeking activity that can be done with a few friends; you don’t want to do this alone. Push the limits and take the coolest selfies.
- Toronto Island Stand Up Paddle boarding
What’s better than being out on the water on a summer day with your friends? Very few things come to mind. A few of us at Coco & Cowe have Sup’d and it’s a lot of fun!
- Toronto Bicycle Tours
Rated Number 1 of the outdoor Toronto activities, this is an activity that gets you moving. You can learn about Toronto in ways that may leave you pleasantly surprised.
- Niagara Falls Day Tours
This is a fun mini getaway. Friends, and a mini road trip with a few pre planned tours- sounds like a perfect weekend getaway.
- BBQ In the Park
How fun is that? The city has a couple of park equipped with charcoal BBQ’s like Christie Pits
- Kensington Market on Pedestrian Sundays
Spend time walking around, eating and shopping in this no car zone on Sundays.
- Toronto FC Game
Whether you’re into sports or not, watching a game live with friends is the best. The ambiance itself gets you going. Combined with a couple of drink= an awesome time!
- Speaking of cocktails, nothing beats a yummy cocktail on a hot summer day and D Bar at the Four Seasons Toronto has some great ones and an amazing patio too!
- Macaroon Making Classes with Mardi Michel
Who doesn’t love a good macaroon? Our friend Mardi offers Macaroon making classes and it’s such a fun thing to do with your girlfriends. Book your class HERE.
- Hike Cheltenham Badlands Trail
Not only can you get some fitness in hiking this trail, but you can get a great photo op on the rolling landscape of the red hue rounded hills found at “badlands”. It’s rare and picturesque!
- Toronto Tours With Maurice
Toronto is a beautiful world class city with magnificent views to be seen, boasting an extensive water front and downtown core. I highly suggest taking a sight seeing flight tour with your girlfriends this summer. Flying out of Billy Bishop Airport (YTZ) on Toronto Island in a Cessna aircraft, get a bird’s eye view of this dazzling city. Make it a duo girl’s day and don’t forget to take lots of pictures of the stunning view while you’re at it! For more detailed information on how to book your sightseeing flight contact Maurice Russell at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parts & Labour Gourmet Picnic
Stop off at Parts & Labour and pick up a gourmet picnic basket stocked with locally sourced meats and cheeses. Stop off at High Park, or Trinity Bellwood’s, lay down your blanket and picnic basket, sit, eat and enjoy the nice summer weather! Only $25 per person and to top it off return your picnic basket for a refund!
- Cocktails n’ Canvas
Get your hands a bit messy, drink a few cocktails and creatively socialize with your girlfriends at Cocktails n’ Canvas. Paint and drink your night away!
- Boozy Brunch at Toca Restaurant
Why not stop off with your girlfriends at The Ritz for a boozy brunch and drink unlimited mimosas and bellinis paired with delicious food
- A fun and different fitness class like Surf Set.
- Do a ‘foodie tour’. An awesome way to explore the city from a food lover’s perspective. Culinary Adventure Co has a bunch of tours like one at the St Lawrence Market and another in Little India.
- I love a good game and Escape Rooms are all over the place now. How fun would it be to kick it old school with a bunch of your girls and play some good old fashion games. Here’s a good list of the top spots by BlogTO.
- A concert at the Molson Amp. I love outdoor concerts and if you’re not into committing to the whole festival thing, Molson Amphitheatre is a great compromise.
- Another way to enjoy the outdoors – because let’s face it, we gotta enjoy it while we can – a free outdoor movie! There are a bunch of different venues during the summer that offer outdoor movie screening like Dundas Square, Harbourfront and quite a few parks. Pack up some blankets and snacks and make a night of it! Find a list of free outdoor movies HERE.
Let us know what you get up to this summer and if you do any of these!
We would love to hear about it.