With American Thanksgiving just around the corner and Christmas following quickly behind we wanted to get ahead of the holiday season and put on a Friends-mas get together with some of our closest before everything gets hectic. We partnered with 3M to do a little transformation that looked gorgeous but was also very easy to put together and then pull apart.
We wanted to go for a rustic chic look using a wood table as the base and adding gold, silver and green accents to give it a little glamification.
Being that it’s close to Christmas and Christmas is a time you can go a little OTT (over the top for those who don’t know my mother) we decided to hang the center piece rather than go the traditional route. We also took a plain white table runner and spruced it up with our fave DIY buddy, ScotchBlue™.
Here’s how: Glam Table Runner:
What you’ll need:
- A runner, either homemade or you can buy a pre-made simple white linen one from Ikea (like we did)
- A roll of ScotchBlue™ Painters Tape
- A ruler or measuring tape
- Spray paint
- Lay it flat and plan out your pattern. We chose a simple stripe design because we knew we were going to have a lot going on and wanted to streamline the design
- In order to keep the stripes looking even we used a measuring tape to mark a 4 inch space between each piece of tape
- Once you’ve mapped out your design start placing your tape. Ensure you go over the edges to ensure a clean line
- Press the tape down so that it’s flush but don’t stress over it, this tape is great for getting the straight line down first try
- Once your design is all taped out, get painting!
- We chose spray paint because of the ease – spray paint is fast to apply, fast to dry and distributes very evenly
- When it’s all sprayed leave it to dry
- Once dry remove the ScotchBlue™ Painters Tape to reveal a whole new super glam runner!
Hanging center pieces:
What you’ll need:
- 2 Wire Wreath Frames- we chose a 16 and 24 inch frames
- A bunch of winter greens
- Some flowers to compliment your colours – we chose white tulips and baby pink carnations as well as some baby’s breath
- Heavy duty floral scissors
- Clear fishing wire
- Command® Small Clear Wire Hooks
These particular wreath frames are awesome because they come with green wires so you don’t have to buy floral wire – unless you want to get really crazy with your design
- Secure greens around the inside and outside wires with more of a concentration on the bottom of the wreath so they hang down closer to the table
- Weave the greens around the frames until the wreath is full
- Add a few tulips hanging in a downward motion so that they are not bunched
- Add a few carnations to add colour and depth to the wreaths
- To hang the wreaths use fishing wire – string two strands of fishing wire to the desired height above table.
- Tie your fishing wire together and knot it.
- Using Command® Small Clear Wire Hooks –place your fishing wire on two hooks and remove the adhesive on the 3M clips. Adhere the Command® Hook to the ceiling above your table
Voila! Your hanging wreaths are complete and add so much to a table for so little
This project was so much fun to put together and made so much easier with the help of Command®, Filtrete™ and ScotchBlue™ Painters Tape. The best part? The clean up! No mess and no paint off my walls.
Can’t wait to see what my friends think!