There is nothing better than in season, fresh veggies from the farmers market! With a quick trip over to one of our favourites here in the city, St Laurence Market, we put together a quick and delicious flatbread recipe that is perfect for the Summer! Also, who doesn’t love a good recipe thats as yummy as it is healthy? Enjoy, Cowes!
What you’ll need:
- 1 flatbread
- 1 cup of shredded zucchini
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of grape tomato’s (halves)
- 2 tablespoons of goat cheese (feel free to substitute for your personal favourite white cheese! Feta, mozzarella etc.)
- 3 leaves fresh basil, chopped
What to do:
- Start by grating the zucchini with a cheese grater. Once grated place on a strainer and add a bit of salt to help release some of the moisture
- Sauté the zucchini in olive oil on high heat. Season with salt and pepper and continue to saute until you get a little bit of texture from the browning of the zucchini.
- While your sauteing, toast your flatbread in the oven at 400 degrees.
- When your zucchini is softened and slightly browned, remove the pan from heat along with taking out flatbread out the oven. Spread zucchini on the flatbread to create your base.
- Top with fresh tomato’s, fresh basil and cheese (we actually popped our flatbread back in the oven just for a minute or two, to warm our cheese up!)
- Cut, serve and enjoy!