It’s the weekend we’ve been longing for since Canada Day long weekend- let’s be real!
My favourite thing to do for a long weekend is escape the city for at least 48 hours, whether it be to the home of a friend’s parents in the suburbs, or a cottage in Muskoka (just drooling at the thought of either). It’s important to make the most of that additional day because it can just slip from right under you! It’s also nice to be prepared, because often lots of stores are closed on Civic holidays (*cough, cough* get that LCBO run in, early). I’m going to share a few of my favourite recipes, to have you feeling long weekend ready.
I’m often with a bigger group during the weekend, especially long weekends, so the recipes I’ve included are very shareable (on Instagram too!).
- I love a refreshing and hearty pasta salad- easy to make and share. See 50+ pasta salad recipes here. My top three are: Barbecue Ranch Pasta Salad, Greek Yogurt Pesto Chicken Pasta Salad, and the Southwestern Black Bean Pasta Salad. Nom nom.
- Instant crowd pleaser: Creamy Spinach Dip. I love a variety of dipping options, including tortilla chips, warmed baguette, your favourite cracker and/or crostini. All are very delicious dippable options.
- Ranch Coleslaw Recipe– pairs perfectly with bbq.
- Meat and Cheese Board components, with wine pairings- drooling!
- If you don’t have a Crock Pot, add that to your list of things to buy because it will seriously change your life (no exaggeration). Try these Slow Cooker Honey BBQ Wings– satisfaction guaranteed!
- Coffee and Coconut Milk Popsicles… I am at a loss for words! I am going to attempt these this long weekend. Don’t worry. I will share the process.
- There’s nothing better than fresh, ripe fruit. Level up your strawberry game with this 3 ingredient fruit dip.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is one of my essentials. I love using milk chocolate chips with this recipe, I usually do 3/4 of the amount of chocolate chips the recipe calls for so it’s not overwhelming.
- Peanut Butter Cookies are so easy to make, and even easier to enjoy. Check out my favourite recipe here. (Addictive cookie dough warning!)
- During the week it’s hard to make breakfast at home, so on the long weekend I make the effort to make something special and often calorific. This Belgian Waffle recipe hits the spot. I love creating a home-made puree if we’re going all out- see this fresh Peach Topping recipe to satisfy that sweet tooth.
- One of my go-to cocktails has to be a Spicy Jalapeño Marg – a little spice never hurt nobody!
- Refresh and impress your guests with this Spiked Watermelon Lemonade.
- We can’t leave out our classic Red Wine Sangria – perfect your current recipe with this carefully crafted recipe.
- Don’t forget your hangover cure ingredients this cottage weekend. We don’t skip Caeser Sundays, or in this case #CaeserMonday- spicy recipe here.
- I have to include a non-alcoholic breakfast item for you all. Try this Peanut Butter Espresso Smoothie to kickstart your day and bring you back to life.
I always love to see what people get up to on the long weekend. Share any of your favourite ways to make the most of your long weekend.
Thank you for reading beauties! Hopefully you found some new things to try and I hope you all have a lovely, bright long weekend.