There’s something so satisfying about challenging your tastebuds to enjoy savoury and sweet, at the same time. We’re here to share a recent fan favourite that is totally underrated- Grilled Peaches with Goat Cheese & Balsamic Drizzle. It’s quick, easy and delicious. If we can do it, so can you!
What you’ll need…
- A few juicy peaches (the riper, the better)
- Goat cheese
- Basil (leaves)
Balsamic Drizzle (optional)
Simple but effective
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Dash of salt
In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, honey and salt. Stir over low heat until blended.
- Halve or slice your peaches.
- Lightly brush the balsamic glaze on the raw peaches and place them face down on medium heat, grill until char marks appear. (Throw some sliced strawberries in there a few minutes after the peaches have begun grilling.)
- After the peaches and strawberries are grilled to your preference, remove from heat.
- Almost immediately after removing from heat, apply a generous amount of goat cheese on top and watch as it oozes, with thanks to the heat.
- Create your master plate, using basil, mint, chopped romaine and whatever other ingredients you want to include.
- Lastly reheat your balsamic glaze and drizzle before serving.
- Dig in and enjoy!
Impress your family and friends with this mouthwatering snack. Share photos with us (@cocoandcowe), when you decide to make this dish before Summer comes to a bittersweet end.