Many of you might be totally over the whole St Patrick’s Day vibe but stick with me. This recipe is the restorative kind and will help you get through any of the hangover misery you might be currently enduring. If you’ve overindulged in green beer or some dark spirits for St Patrick’s Day you’re going to want to help your body detoxify and replenish and greens are great for just that. And even if you didn’t imbibe, this smoothie is pretty delicious and getting your greens is always an idea.
Greens like spinach and kale are jam packed with antioxidants and are pretty good at alkalizing the body. They help to purify the blood and have great vitamins like A, C, B6, magnesium and calcium + pack that much desired fibre punch! We added avocado for creaminess and some good fat goodness and bananas for sweetness + potassium.
Regular smoothies are cool and though smoothie bowls aren’t anything new, they’re pretty and sometimes you just gotta switch things up, you know? Water in a wine glass with a little lemon is sometimes all it takes to change your perspective on drinking 10 glasses of it and the same can definitely be said about two cups of spinach & kale whipped up with some protein powder in a pretty pink bowl.
Goodbye hangover, hello healthy new me!
- 2 handfuls of spinach (or more if you can handle it)
- some frozen kale (optional)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/3 of an avocado
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- 1 cup of almond milk (more if your bowl is looking a lil thick)
- 1 tbsp of nut butter optional (I love this one because: coconut)
- 1 tsp of Maca
Toppings (all optional but great for a flat lay….)
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- flax seeds
- hemp seeds
- frozen or fresh blueberries
- sliced bananas
- blend it all up, adding more almond milk if the consistency isn’t just right for you
- pour your smoothie into a cute bowl and top with as many toppings as you’re feeling a vibe for
Happy St Patrick’s Day, friends!