As the weeks in self-isolation slip by I have been more and more interested in healthy alternatives to the normal indulgences that have been getting me through. My friend Natasha from Good Goddess came up with this delicious gluten and dairy-free version of ice cream that is the perfect sweet treat after a long day of zoom calls or, well, a long day of absolutely nothing!
With a few simple ingredients and a bit of something we all have a little bit of these days, time, ahem, this deliciousness will have you jumping right off the banana bread train and solidly into this ice cream fit for a goddess. Though it calls for a cracked tablet of Belly Behave, GG’s fab probiotic
(which you can snag here), you can totally skip if you don’t have.
- 2 cups of coconut cloud yogurt
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cracked Belly Behave (or similar probiotic)
- 1 tbsp all natural crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp macca
- 2 medjool dates
- 1 scoop of chocolate or vanilla protein powder (I love Biosteel)
- blend all of the ingredients in a high powered blender
- pour into two small bowls
- place bowls into freezer for 45 mins
- after 35 mins lightly stir each bowl every 15 mins or so until you get to your desired texture. I liked it after 35 mins, it’s cold and smooth but if you want it harder, keep freezing.
Listen, it’s NOT ice cream, but it is a tasty treat that will fill you up, satisfy that sweet tooth and give you some of that good, good (read: protein and probiotics).
Give it a try and let me know your thoughts.