Dalgona coffee has taken all of the hype over these past few weeks! When we saw “Dalgona Matcha”, we had to try it at home. See The Cowe’s step-by-step guide here.
What you’ll need:
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp matcha (we used: Soar Organics Ceremonial Grade)
- 1 1/2 cups milk (we alternate between oat, cashew, and almond)
- Whisk, frother, or a hand mixer
- Use a medium sized mason jar as your all-in-one vessel if you are using a tall, slim hand mixer. If you are using a hand mixer, blend mixture in a medium to large sized bowl to avoid splattering.
- Begin with whipping your egg white solo until it’s frothy.
- Add in the coconut sugar and continue to whip/blend until stiff peaks form and stick to your blending tool.
- Add in the matcha powder (sift if you can, or it will be clumpy) and whip/whisk/hand blend until you reach your desired consistency. You’ll be here anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes depending on how thiicc you like it.
- Pour your glass of cold milk and spatula/spoon the mixture on top. Or, if you are using a mason jar, you can pour milk on top of mixture.
- Drop your straw in and mix it around, taste testing in between to see if it’s lacking anything. You can always add more sugar to taste, if you like it a lil sweeter.
- Voila! You’ve just made your very own Dalgona Matcha Latte at home.
Tag us here when you try this recipe at home!