That #FridayFeeling, Cowes!
Today’s check-in is all about your body and remembering to treat it right from the inside out. If you’re behind on March content, every Friday this month we’re sharing resources for our #CheckYourself series, where we continue riding that wave of taking care of ourselves, from our minds, bodies, straight down to our souls. Last week was all about mindset first, check it out by clicking here.
Today. we share a few things that keep us motivated to move our bodies during this period of major WFH and some products that keep us silky smooth from head to toe because who doesn’t love a trusted dry brush reco?
- When was the last time you had an uninterrupted sweat sesh?
- Feeling unmotivated to move your body? We have created team challenges via Apple watch. If you don’t have an Apple Watch or Fitbit, you can do it manually using your Health app on your device (explore practices below for more details)
- Are you listening to your body? Or comparing your habits to what you see on Instagram?
- Do you exfoliate and moisturize more than once a week?
- Do you dry brush? (Start with this “soft” bristle option first)
- Do you sleep 8 hours or more a night?
- Reminder: give yourself a rest day
WHAT TO TURN TO
- During your workout, put your phone on Do Not Disturb, we know you can’t help yourself because we can’t either (more often than not). But this forces you to not even have the temptation of being distracted
- “Invite a friend” on your Apple watch to follow each other’s activity, create challenges and motivate each other to hit our target # of steps and calories burned
- If you don’t have an Apple Watch, that’s totally fine too, use the Health app on your iPhone to keep track of progress and goals or purchase a Fitbit, a more affordable tool to track this sort of data
- Instagram makes it so hard to not compare yourself to the edits you see on your feed. What we need to remind ourselves is how the majority of what we see is not what it seems. Bring yourself back to Earth by thinking about your own life. Everything you post is sure as hell, not a 100% accurate depiction of what’s really going on behind the scenes, is it? Remind yourself. Also, no one’s you and that’s your thing. *Pour a glass if that’s what you needed to hear today*
- Go-to moisturizer rn: Summer Fridays Summer Skin Nourishing Body Lotion (extremely moisturizing, a little bit goes a long way and it smells delicious)
- Quick absorbing moisturizer: Necessaire The Body Lotion
- Go-to exfoliator forever: OUAI Scalp + Body Scrub (Coco has tried every exfoliator out there and this one always takes the front seat in her shower routine)
- Stretch. It. Out. Trust us we dread this part too but the feeling afterwards is WORTH it. Keep reading for our favourite platform to find guided stretching routines
- There is a 30-day free trial available right now. What we love about Peleton’s class offerings is the range of durations available. You can sweat or stretch it out for 45-minutes or 10! We prefer the latter, of course. The platform subscription is so worth it annnnd no bike or tread necessary for these offerings from Peloton.
- Working out from home is 1000% less motivating than anything else and we’re confident in saying that majority of the world agrees with us on that one. We love doing this 10-minute arm routine with added Bala weights around your wrist because you really feel like you just did something and it only took 10 minutes. Highly recommend doing this daily to get one step closer to tighter, toned arms.
- We promise you will learn so much about not only your gut but your mind and body that will surprise you and instantly make you more aware of your habits and what you reach for.
Establish a Night Time Routine
- We hear it all the time, getting enough sleep is so crucial to overall health and wellness. We’ve started avoiding screen time at least 30-minutes before going to bed to let our minds calm down. This PM routine includes incorporating Saje’s Sleep Well Kit a trio of products infused with calming scents that when we smell anything from this trio, our body associates those scents with getting tucked in. We also love this sleep mask from Majesty’s Pleasure as an extra step in really avoiding screen time and blocking all of the physical distractions completely out.
Prioritize You + Your Skin When Bathing
- Pre-pandemic we were always in such a rush in the shower. It’s time to take your time and show your body some love with all of our faves mentioned above. Before jumping into the shower, we dry brush once a week which we’ve seen serious benefits from, especially in the winter months. We’ve also been washing our hair in colder water than the rest of our shower because there are a ton of benefits. Long story short, cold water closes the cuticles and pores in the scalp and also adds natural shine with much less frizz. The best part, all of these little habits and practices add up in a big way!
How do you take care of your body from the inside out? Drop a comment below or tag us here– we want to hear from you, Cowes!