Happy Black History Month, Cowes! We celebrate Black history everyday over here but for the month of February we’ve decided to transform our weekly In The Know posts to be ‘Black History Month edition.’ This week, stay #InTheKnow with our favourite #BlackOwned restaurants in the GTA! Be sure to check them out, show your support and let us know what you think!
- Burgers to go bonkers over; names inspired by a Ghanian upbringing at Aunty Lucy’s.
- Incredible Caribbean authenticity at Cool Runnings.
- The Caribbean Queen of Patties #SayLess
- Have you ever tried Haitian food? Boukan has the best-rated Haitian food in the city!
- Patty Stop is best known for their drool-worthy loaded patties.
- V’s Caribbean restaurant puts a delicious vegan spin on traditional Caribbean cuisine.
- A Kensington Market staple – Rasta Pasta.
- Oxtail gravy has never tasted better than at Pat’s Homestyle.
- Chicken and waffles done right at The Dirty Bird.
- Beach Hill BBQ does smoked meat and southern hospitality like no one else in the city.